Hot Trailer: ‘RoboCop’

“This is the future of American justice.” But it’s also “the illusion of free will”. Here’s the first trailer for Jose Padilha’s┬áremake of the 1987 sci-fi pic. The Killing star Joel Kinnaman takes leave from the streets of Seattle to star as the detective-turned-crime-fighting cyborg in RoboCop. Michael Keaton, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman, Abbie Cornish and Jay Baruchel co-star. The MGM-Columbia actioner opens February 7. Check it out:

• I don’t think I really care much about this movie, but god damn am I excited to see Michael Keaton back on the big screen.

Comment by Mr. Mom — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 7:20pm PDT
  • Robocop don’t walk like that
    Why isn’t this movie rated R ?

Comment by This is not robo cop — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 7:20pm PDT
  • Wow, that looks like an actually different take on it! I’m surprised.

Also, Samuel L. Jackson feels like someone that should have been in the first one…

Comment by Potato — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 7:21pm PDT
  • Just love, love Ms. Abbie! Looking forward to this! Yay, Yay!

Comment by MnL — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 7:24pm PDT
  • Damn, I thought this would suck but that trailer make it look pretty cool. Count me in.

Comment by Nerd — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 7:38pm PDT
  • That doesn’t look all that great. Nothing about it screams “Must-see.” It looks like the recent Dredd movie. which was a huge flop.

Comment by tersa — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 7:40pm PDT
    • I was shocked but Dredd was actually pretty good. You just have to not go by what the critics say and see if for yourself. I know thinking for yourself is a foreign concept on this site but you know…

Comment by BABYJESUS — Friday September 6, 2013 @ 9:11am PDT
      • The critics gave Dredd a 78% Certified Fresh on RT, so…it sounds like the critics would still be right in your mind.

Comment by jdub — Friday September 6, 2013 @ 12:28pm PDT
  • This is looks like the Total Recall remake. Really bland looking and loud.

Comment by Gabe — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 7:41pm PDT
    • Yup. What made that and the original Robocop so good was the satire. Maybe it’s the marketing, but this feels to straight and bland.

Comment by Seconded — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 9:19pm PDT
    • You’re right on the money.

I enjoyed both the The Total Recall remake and Dredd trailers, yet both failed to deliver the goods at the box office.

I have a feeling RoboCop ’14 might make it three in a row.

Comment by Mikey888 — Saturday September 7, 2013 @ 1:33am PDT
  • the most subversive studio movie of the 80′s, now sanitized by the Save The Cat machine for mass consumption by a nation of sheep. Sure hope he has that talk with his son!

Comment by Cokehead — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 7:45pm PDT
    • It takes a lot to make me laugh out loud, but you did it… Because it looks like the truth…

Comment by Murphy — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 8:37pm PDT
    • cokehead you’re a champ! although keaton’s character does look interesting.

Comment by Sam — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 11:21pm PDT
    • I think Alex Cox’s WALKER probably has the honor of most subversive 80′s flick produced by a Hollywood studio, but ROBOCOP is damn close. Actually, Cox was the first choice to direct ROBOCOP, as well, and he went to UCLA with its co-writer, Michael Miner.

Comment by beamish13 — Friday September 6, 2013 @ 7:40pm PDT
    • “Save the Cat machine” :)

Comment by Mikey888 — Saturday September 7, 2013 @ 1:35am PDT
  • Sorry… But this is garbage.

Comment by CTSadler — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 8:06pm PDT
  • I wouldn’t buy that for a dollar.

Comment by Weller4Life — Thursday September 5, 2013 @ 8:46pm PDT