Kurt Russell, John Brotherton Join ‘Fast & Furious 7′ Cast

The sequel to summer hit Fast & Furious 6, which scored the best worldwide opening in Universal’s history, continues to add actors who are new to the franchise. The latest to join the Fast & Furious 7 cast are Kurt Russell, who weeks ago had been said to be talks for a role, and John Brotherton. Vin Diesel confirmed Russell’s casting in a Facebook post complete with a photo — the Fast & Furious veteran’s page has nearly 48 million likes — but there are no details on his character. Sources tell Deadline that Brotherton, whose credits include The Conjuring, Jane By Design and One Life To Live, will play Sheppard, who’s described as the Russell character’s right-hand man. Russell — whose five-decade career includes such films as Escape From New York, Backdraft, Stargate and Grindhouse — next appears in the western Bone Tomahawk. James Wan’s Fast & Furious 7 is shooting in Atlanta with Diesel, Paul Walker, Dwayne Johnson, Michelle Rodriguez, Lucas Black and franchise rookies including Jason Statham and Djimon Hounsou.

• I think Kurt Russell it is gonna be Paul Walker’s Dad in Fast 7 because he used to mention that in Fast 5 :( He don’t know shit about his Dad and don’t remember how he smile ) I hoped it’s truth . I can’t wait for next July

Comment by Tom Nguyen — Wednesday September 25, 2013 @ 9:17pm PDT
    • That would really be something, considering the role was first offered to Denzel.

Comment by GW with an 'O' — Wednesday September 25, 2013 @ 10:03pm PDT
    • he is supposed to be jesse’s dad, fresh out of prison. he is supposed to be a major bad guy for 8. he blames dom for jesse’s death. from the pic vin posted, he is either putting that aside for a common enemy or delivering a warning.

Comment by brent gord — Saturday September 28, 2013 @ 9:23am PDT
  • I don’t think Kurt Russell is Paul Walker’s dad because if I remember correctly Denzel Washington passed on this role. I think he’s the villain.

Comment by RLS — Thursday September 26, 2013 @ 4:35am PDT
  • Wait, you mean there are actually six Fast & Furious already? Really? I thought they just took the original and re-released it every year and slapped a new number on it. Each trailer looks exactly the same.

Comment by Justsayin' — Thursday September 26, 2013 @ 4:41am PDT
  • Brotherton looks too much like Paul Walker, so hopefully they won’t have scenes together or else the audience can’t tell them apart.

Unless… he’s portraying Paul Walker’s brother in the movie…

Comment by Donella — Thursday September 26, 2013 @ 5:27am PDT
  • Judging everything off a trailer you saw? Awesome job.

Comment by JustSayinG — Thursday September 26, 2013 @ 6:30am PDT
  • I haven’t seen a F&F movie in so long, but I cannot wait for this one. Kurt Russell is one of my all times faves (Just watched Miracle for about the 100th time and it never gets old) and John Brotherton too! Paul Walker is my daughter’s crush so we will make this a girl’s night out. Swoooooooon.

Comment by JaredBank$Fan — Thursday September 26, 2013 @ 7:17am PDT
  • John Brotherton is an excellent actor. Really enjoyed his work on One Life to Live. So glad to see him getting a break. Hope his career really takes off with this. Never watched a Fast film, will likely see this one.

Comment by Ralph — Thursday September 26, 2013 @ 7:18am PDT
  • Good for Kurt. He’s been getting more work lately and he’s maturing nicely.

Comment by John W — Thursday September 26, 2013 @ 7:31am PDT
  • Kurt Russel is the man!

Comment by John F. — Friday September 27, 2013 @ 9:11am PDT
  • John Brotherton! hell to the yes! he’s an awesome actor – I haven’t watched the other F&F movies but I’ll definitely be watching this one

Comment by Manon — Friday September 27, 2013 @ 2:32pm PDT