Fox Sports Apologizes For Terry Bradshaw’s On-Air F-Bomb

SNL does it every week during station breaks. But when Fox Sports 1 cut into its in-studio feed during a Fox Football Daily commercial pause on Friday for some fly-on-the-wall color, cameras caught NFL analyst Terry Bradshaw dropping an f-bomb while joking with fellow commentator Jimmy Johnson. The network apologized today “to Terry and viewers” for the slip which was unplanned and caught without Bradshaw’s knowledge, adding “We are reviewing our procedures to make sure this does not happen again.”

• and some child , who will one day forget about this , will grow up , take human growth hormones and make millions of dollars. besides it’s fox sports 1 . like three people saw this.

Comment by DW — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 6:54pm PDT
  • I cannot believe cursing is still an issue in 2013.

Comment by JR. — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 7:04pm PDT
    • It’s a weird tribute to the power of language that curse words, aka cusswords, still have such a dark magic to them. I swear all the time, but I also know that I probably shouldn’t be dropping the F-bomb when I’m speaking at a town hall meeting or visiting a kindergarten classroom. And there’s the rub, whether it’s called decorum or being family-friendly, most of daylight TV is held as a profanity-free zone. But after sunset when the kids get sleepy, shows like USA’s “Suits” are pushing the boundaries of naughty language on ad-supported TV. Five to ten years from now, I wouldn’t be surprised if we regularly hear all of George Carlin’s infamous “seven dirty words” (unbleeped!) in prime time — definitely after the 10/9c mark.

Comment by Mr. Majestyk — Sunday September 15, 2013 @ 1:21am PDT
    • Ah, yes, cursing is and always will be an “issue”, especially when you are attempting to raise children to be civilized and polite. Your comment suggests that you believe decorum is antiquated and unelightened. If so, may I suggest that you are the backwards and unenlightened one here.

Comment by Jeff — Sunday September 15, 2013 @ 1:04pm PDT
      • Jeff, excellent post. Thank you.

Comment by Jules — Monday September 16, 2013 @ 7:30am PDT
  • Lol, I’m not offended at all! I wish I had cable just to see this. Terry Bradshaw, you just earned my respect (I hear you were an awesome football player, but I was born in the 90′s). Always Say no to banging old ugly mamas. GOD DANG!

Comment by Mattison — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 7:30pm PDT
  • I see this headline and I think to myself…is saying a particular word so terrible in our ever increasing politically-correct society? The priorities we have come to embrace are truly out of whack. Innocent families are being murdered and tortured all over the world. PERSPECTIVE.

Comment by pete — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 8:15pm PDT
  • Won’t somebody think of the children!!!!!!!

Comment by Helen Lovejoy — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 8:20pm PDT
  • A non-event. Hell, you could easily read Tony Romo’s lips on Sunday Night Football screaming “F*ck that sh*t” after his receiver ran the wrong route and he was intercepted. America can handle Bradshaw’s off the cuff comments. FOX needs to shut off their mics.

Comment by Whiplash — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 9:44pm PDT
  • No. I don’t accept his apology. I am shocked & appalled. so offended I can barely type this. He should be fired. Then Fox should televise a public flogging. Or tar & feathering. Or worse. Hey! they could put it to a vote. Have Ben Affleck dressed as Batman, and Charlie Hunnam & Dakota Johnson as judges!

Written by my hand(s) with my newfangled typing machine at my desk, on this day 15 September in the year of our Lord 1913.

Comment by Juke Early — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 10:53pm PDT
    • Dear Mr. Early,

On behalf of FOX Television let me extend to you my humble and sincere apology. Mr. Bradshaw will be shot in front of a firing squad at sundown tonight as part of our football halftime show. He will be executed front of as many football fans as possible. We will then burn his body and scatter the ashes to the winds. Also the person who was responsible for telling Terry “we’re back in five” will also be executed. Terry should have been made aware that we were coming back from commercial break. This will never happen again on FOX Television. If it does everyone involved will be taken out and shot before a firing squad. Again please accept our humble apology for this horrible mistake. Sincerely,

Comment by Rupert Murdoch — Sunday September 15, 2013 @ 11:49am PDT
  • Wow. Just think. Football QBs curse. What’s next? Baseball managers yelling at umpires? Who knows!

Comment by TAConti — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 11:31pm PDT
  • terry bradshaw can drop the f-bomb until the cows come home. He’s still one of the smartest people in football. Drop away, terry, drop away.

Comment by tiredofwhiners — Saturday September 14, 2013 @ 11:52pm PDT
  • Yeah, I just really need to calm down and grow up.

Comment by Half of America — Sunday September 15, 2013 @ 12:10am PDT