NBC’s ‘Chicago PD’ Adds Another Regular

EXCLUSIVE: After a lengthy search, stage actress Marina Squerciati (Gossip Girl) has landed a new regular role on Chicago Fire‘s upcoming spinoff series Chicago PD. On the NBC midseason drama, about the workings of the Chicago police department’s investigative team, Squerciati will play Kim Burgess, a feisty, sassy former flight attendant-turned-cop whose beauty belies a formidable inner strength. Burgess, repped by Nicolosi, MJ Management and Rick Genow, joins fellow new Chicago PD regulars Sophia Bush, Patrick Flueger and Jesse Lee Soffer as well as stars Jason Beghe and Jon Seda who were in the backdoor pilot.

• Flight attendant turned cop? Not really sold on this one.

Comment by Shane Vendrell — Wednesday August 28, 2013 @ 9:53am PDT
    • I know exactly who pitched this…

Comment by Right off the menu — Wednesday August 28, 2013 @ 5:27pm PDT
  • I don’t know if that character description is sexist, stupid, or both. SERIOUSLY? My eyes started rolling before I even finished that sentence! I’m so glad ladies have come so far in this town, we no longer have to take roles like a sassy flight attendant turned cop whose beauty is a benefit, as well as a curse.
    I’ll pass on this one, thanks.

Comment by ivy — Wednesday August 28, 2013 @ 10:18am PDT
    • No kidding! My brain began melting reading this character breakdown. Nope.

Comment by I agree — Wednesday August 28, 2013 @ 11:19am PDT
  • Hmm… you need a tough latina cop on a show such as this. The characters must fit the roles for the show.. #pass

Comment by lisa — Wednesday August 28, 2013 @ 11:18am PDT
  • Sassy? Really? That’s like the logline for Killer Women, which bills the leading actor as a “beautiful, ballsy badass” or some similar wording. I wonder if these PR people have any idea how many women they are offending with such descriptions. As far as I’m concerned, that is three strikes against a show right there, before it is ever out of the gate.

Comment by MaryAnn — Wednesday August 28, 2013 @ 12:44pm PDT
  • What does this mean for tanya raymonde and clint eastwoods son, are they still regulars in the cast?, there hasn’t been a mention of them being in the cast in a while but I also haven’t seen anything about them not being in it either.

Comment by Tim — Wednesday August 28, 2013 @ 1:52pm PDT
  • Their names on on imdb so I’m guessing their still on board.

Comment by Shane Vendrell — Wednesday August 28, 2013 @ 7:11pm PDT
  • Matt Olmstead ex producer and head writer has based his female cop on relative a female NYPD Detective and former International Flight attendant who became a Narcotics Undercover. Yes nay sayers its possible.

Comment by Tom — Wednesday September 11, 2013 @ 7:39pm PDT