Amelia Rose Blaire Upped To Regular On HBO’s ‘True Blood’

EXCLUSIVE: It’s been a fast rise for Amelia Rose Blaire on True Blood. She joined the HBO vampire drama as recurring for the recent sixth season, playing Governor’s daughter and vampire-rights-activist-turned-vampire Willa Burrell. Blaire ended up appearing in virtually every episode and is now being promoted to series regular. Production on True Blood‘s seventh season is expected to begin in December. Blaire is repped by Bauman, Redanty & Shaul and Jeremy Small.

• Saw her on stage for a play readthrough last year in Hollywood. Luminescent in person. I fell in love that night.

Comment by kingdom — Friday August 23, 2013 @ 9:19am PDT
  • I didn’t mind her as Willa but I’d rather have Adilyn promoted than her.

Comment by dude — Friday August 23, 2013 @ 9:36am PDT
  • I ended up really liking her as Willa, so I’m glad to see this. But not sure this will help with some of the shows fundamental storyline problems.

Comment by Valerie — Friday August 23, 2013 @ 10:06am PDT
  • Is she gonna be a regular like Lucy Griffith was a regular this year?

Comment by ggny — Friday August 23, 2013 @ 10:08am PDT
  • She was fantastic– her early scenes with Eric were some of the most tense, rich and layered of the season. Good for her and for the show!

Comment by Lar32 — Friday August 23, 2013 @ 10:53am PDT
  • Willa is my new favorite character! Love her!

Comment by Anonymous — Friday August 23, 2013 @ 4:27pm PDT
  • She’s special, her sexuality sneaks up on you. Love the the character! Good for the show.

Comment by Smartypants — Saturday August 24, 2013 @ 10:58am PDT
  • I don’t know very much about Amelia, but I really liked a couple of the comments that were written about her here/upthread; and based on those two comments, I think I’ll like her as well and will enjoy seeing more of her on the TBlood series as a regular.

The two lines written upthread that really struck me were :
    “Luminescent in person. I fell in love that night.”
    “She’s special, her sexuality sneaks up on you.”

Wonderful descriptions of Amelia. I’ve met women like this, but not very many – women who inspire this type of response, well worded phrase. Well done guys – if I could write this well, I would have wanted to write the same thing. It does describe her well – that type of woman, the one that always seems to get away, and leaves a bit of a longing afterward.

Comment by N tTVf — Tuesday August 27, 2013 @ 3:56pm PDT
  • What a refreshing experience. To see a new young actress with as much class as beauty is a nice change for a change!! Taking her craft as seriously as she obviously does, shows in every frame in which she appears. A keeper and a future worth watching!!

Comment by Carole R. — Tuesday August 27, 2013 @ 8:09pm PDT