ABC Cancels ‘How To Live With Your Parents’, ‘Body Of Proof’, ‘Red Widow’, ‘Malibu Country’

This a costly cancellation for Disney-ABC. Despite OK ratings and a financial windfall for sibling ABC Studios from international sales, ABC pulled the plug on procedural Body Of Proof after three seasons. The network is replacing it with another female-driven procedural, newly picked up Killer Women. The appeal of star Reba McEntire was not enough to save freshman comedy Malibu Country, leaving Last Man Standing as literally the last man standing for multi-camera comedy at ABC. As expected, ABC-owned freshman The Neighbors prevailed over 20th TV’s How To Live With Your Parents for a second-season renewal. No surprise in the Red Widow demise.

Related: Will ABC’S ‘Body Of Proof’ Break The Retool Curse With Renewal?, ABC’s Bubble Freshmen: Who Will Make It?

• Actually surprised about Body of Proof. Figured with it’s surge it ratings it had a great show of getting renewed.

Comment by T — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 5:56pm PDT
    • Any chance that “Body of Proof” could return? I can’t imagine that the show was doing so poorly that it wouldn’t be picked up again. Could it be that the network wants to see if there will be a public out cry for its return?

Comment by MalibuArtist — Monday May 13, 2013 @ 9:20am PDT
  • Body of Proof I’m surprised about. I don’t watch it but I thought there’d be another midseason renewal.

Comment by Teag — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 5:57pm PDT
  • I’m beyond shocked that Body of Proof has been cancelled. This season premiered to only 6.75 million viewers but has gone up to 9.35 million. Honestly, I’m also surprised that Malibu Country is being cancelled as well. It did quite well for a show airing on Fridays.

Comment by Taelor — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 5:59pm PDT
  • Shocked. This has been Body of Proof’s best season.

Comment by tardis repairman — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 5:59pm PDT
  • I don’t disagree with Body of Proof being canceled – with the mass change of actors for this season, plus the, to put it bluntly, bitchy direction that they took for Megan Hunt, it was rapidly going downhill in our estimation.

Comment by Ben — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 6:07pm PDT
  • Now, if the ‘The Neighbors’ get renewed, will Dick Butkus still reference his love for Reba?

I’m surprised that Reba’s show got cut, it was sorta fun for a Friday night.

Comment by Spandex — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 6:09pm PDT
  • Poor decision on ‘Malibu.’

Comment by Cory — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 6:10pm PDT
  • WTF is going on? Enjoyed Body of Proof very much!

Comment by MnL — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 6:11pm PDT
  • Dana Delany deserves better.

Comment by John Whorfin — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 6:11pm PDT
  • Cannot EVEN believe cancelled Body of Proof. One of BEST shows with GREAT actors. And Malibu was just cute and fun vehicle for Reba and Lily. What a shame re both. Better put another reality show on…ugh.

Comment by Lauren — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 6:13pm PDT
    • Totally agree…I have been a fan of BOP since it started and I enjoyed Reba….very sad

Comment by Anonymous — Friday May 10, 2013 @ 8:42pm PDT