Three Join Summit’s ‘Divergent’

Divergent Ben Lloyd Hughes Ben Lamb Divergent Ben Lloyd-Hughes will play teen initiate Will, Ben Lamb will play Edward, and Christian Madsen will play Al in the 2014 sci-fi pic from Summit. Shailene Woodley and Theo James star in the YA adaptation of Veronica Roth’s best seller, set in a world in which young adults are divided into factions based on their personalities. Kate Winslet, Jai Courtney, Zoe Kravitz, Ansel Elgort, and Maggie Q are also aboard the pic. Neil Burger is directing Divergent Christian Madsenfrom a script by Evan Daugherty and Vanessa Taylor. Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher are producing for Red Wagon Entertainment with Pouya Shahbazian. Rachel Shane is executive producing for Red Wagon, with Erik Feig and Gillian Bohrer overseeing for Lionsgate.

Filming begins this April in Chicago on the futuristic teen action pic, which Summit has slated for March 21, 2014. Lloyd-Hughes is represented by CAA and Lamb by WME; both are managed by Lena Roklin. Madsen is repped by DBA-Fortitude and managed by Creative Partners Group.

• I’m still confused as to how Theo James who is in his 30s is playing a character that was written as late teens.

Comment by anonymous — Monday March 25, 2013 @ 4:24pm PDT
  • He’s actually 28. I think he’s a perfect fit though.

Comment by anonymous — Monday March 25, 2013 @ 4:32pm PDT
  • Almost everyone in this cast is too old looking, especially cast against Shailene who plays pretty young.

Comment by Kirstie — Monday March 25, 2013 @ 5:16pm PDT
  • That’s exactly what I said! I love the actors but their too old! Why are they foring that?

Comment by boo4 — Tuesday March 26, 2013 @ 3:55am PDT
  • *doing that

Comment by Anonymous — Tuesday March 26, 2013 @ 3:56am PDT
  • i agree, they’re a little old for my taste but i’m sure they’ll be great!

Comment by Anonymous — Tuesday March 26, 2013 @ 5:17pm PDT
  • I really do not like the people chosen for these roles. They’re suppose to be teenagers and they do not look young enough. Disappointed.

Comment by Anonymous — Tuesday March 26, 2013 @ 5:22pm PDT
  • To be honest, I am not loving the casting… I’ve been very disappointed with a lot of the choices. People are too old and some honestly don’t look the role…

Comment by Steph — Tuesday March 26, 2013 @ 7:18pm PDT
  • I think all of the Actors chosen are GREAT.Come on people they have not even filmed yet!
    I cannot wait to go see this Movie With This cast!
    The women are incredible actors,the young men are spot on for the Roles!

Comment by 1wholovesfilms — Tuesday March 26, 2013 @ 8:54pm PDT
  • I agree with all of you, they actually are too old, but I like some of them though. Shailene will be great, even if she looks bit too pretty ^^ I also am excited to see Zoe and Jai as Christina and Eric.
    But most of all I’m looking forward to see Kate Winslet!!!!!!!!! I would watch the movie just because of her.

Comment by boobooforuriah — Wednesday March 27, 2013 @ 3:54am PDT