KTTV’s ‘Good Day LA’ Co-Anchor Dorothy Lucey To Exit, Jillian Reynolds To Freelance

UPDATE: A spokesperson for KTTV has confirmed our report, including Dorothy Lucey’s departure. Her last day will be Friday. Additionally, Lucey received support from Simon Cowell. “I love Good Day LA. But cannot imagine it without Dorothy,” he tweeted on Thursday. “I wish they would change their minds. I really, really like her.”Dorothy Lucey Good Morning LA

EXCLUSIVE: Longtime Good Day LA co-anchor Dorothy Lucey will be leaving the morning program of Los Angeles’ Fox-owned station KTTV. I hear Lucey’s contract was not renewed and her last day will be later this week, possibly on Friday. Additionally, Lucey’s co-anchor Jillian Reynolds will switch from a full-time KTTV employee to freelance status. She will continue in her current duties on Good Morning LA but not always five days a week. The move is mutually beneficial for the station, as Reynolds commands a big salary, and for Reynolds, as she can pursue freely her extracurricular activities such as sponsorship deals and events. Good Day LA‘s third co-anchor, veteran Steve Edwards, is locked into a long-term contract. A KTTV spokesperson could not reached for comment.

Jillian Barberie Good Morning LAGood Day LA has been hosted by Edwards, Lucey and Reynolds (form. Barberie) since the show’s 1995 revamp — two years after it was originally launched. I hear the show will hold on-air tryouts for Lucey’s position in the mold of the syndicated Live With Kelly. In addition to being a cost-saving measure (Lucey’s paycheck also is substantial after 17 years at the station), the changes are aimed at providing a jolt to the veteran morning program, which has not been doing well in the ratings lately after once dominating Los Angeles’ morning TV race. Before joining KTTV, Lucey was co-host of the CBS primetime series How’d They Do That with Pat O’Brien.

• Re: Looking for younger, prettier anchorwomen.

Comment by Matthew C. — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:08am PDT
    • Good. That morning show was always ALL about those 2 ladies and it got boring and tiresome. Time for them to move on and bring some fresh talent to the show.

Comment by Fly on the wall — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:36am PDT

Comment by RG — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 7:44pm PDT
        • Well said! I’ve been watching since 95 and though they grew on me, I also get frustrated. Dorothy tries to hard to engage over stuff no one cares about. She definitely tries to engage Steve and he seems to want to shut up and move on, haha.

I have to say, however, that Dorothy is a sweet lady who at least stands by her beliefs and morals, and out of the two, I respect her more.

Jillian will forever be over the top insecure and needing to prove how ‘cool’ and ‘different’ she it. It’s usually not cool or different. Just loose morals and way too much cleavage.

Comment by Just me — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:25am PDT
          • Agree. I enjoy both the women, but sometimes Steve is trying to make a very interesting point about something that I really want to hear, and both women interrupt him so much (as well as interrupting the guests), that sometimes I just turn the channel in frustration. I have even called the station two or three times to complain that while I’m trying to listen to a guest tell a story, Jillian (mostly), but sometimes Dorothy, too, will interrupt the guest. Barbara Walters was a guest on the show one morning, and telling a cute story about John Wayne. She was interrupted so many times, she finally had to say, “Let me finish the story.” They both need to understand (mostly Jillian), that it’s about the guest, not either of them. Jillian is highly entertaining, but I get frustrated with her attempts to sing and her too-frequent name dropping. She also sometimes tries to discuss American politics beyond her current level of understanding, and Steve has to explain things to her. As for Dorothy, she seems like a nice enough lady, but does give the impression that she finds herself highly amusing and tries to be too cute. Still, I wish them both well, and I did enjoy the chemistry of the three of them together.

Comment by Moonbeam — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 11:26am PDT
          • You know I agree that Dorothy should leave the show and do something else. I’ve been watching and wondering why is she telling us about the stars ..since we already read them in the magazines. And what about Jillian, now she needs to look for something else too….what is the tweeting while Steve is trying to do the news… Steve needs two new co anchors. PLEEEEEEEEZE!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Beebee — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 7:32am PDT
          • GREAT MOVE KTTV ! ! Send BOTH of those self absorbed airheads packing ! Follow that by giving Steve the BOOT ! I watch the news but when that STUPID show comes on I have to turn the channel because those 3 suck the life right out of me.

Comment by MartiniDoll — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 8:22am PDT
          • I must clarify my ‘I agree’…….I agree with the comment by Just Me and Richard Rivera only! I noticed that my first response was placed under the wrong entry and it appears that I am in agreement with that remark….wrong. Again, I agree with the Just Me & Richard Rivera comments. Thank you!

Comment by Cynthia Shields — Saturday May 26, 2012 @ 9:52am PDT
          • I do not know what you are thinking? These two ladies have been the heart of the program and now I will not be watching!!!!!!!!! I looked forward to the everyday bantering & differece of oppinions of both of them. No ONE will ever replace this. I think that you have made A BIG MISTAKE but I guess that your RATINGS will show. Just saying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by MaryAnn Mccollum — Saturday May 26, 2012 @ 10:27am PDT
        • I agree in the begining they were alright but as they went on Dorothy never seemed to look in the camera while talking an Jillian with this phone business and her husband and her clothes an how many people she knows in hollywood she try’s to act like the Kardashins.But they have been Boring for quite some time now One more thing there is not enough news on that show just junk.So Goodbye I stop watching them really a year ago.

Comment by mharris2012 — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:33am PDT
          • Well Said!!!!! I totally agree with you!!!!!

Comment by Rae — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 2:16pm PDT
          • I also stopped watching over a year ago. I enjoy “fun” news but also want some seriousness and mostly this show just got toooo silly and Jillian was so crass and does seem to make everything about her. I do like Steve!! Channel 5 is what I’m watching now!

Comment by Anonymous — Tuesday June 5, 2012 @ 12:43am PDT
          • Seriousness Boring!!! I now watch channel 5.. Jillian please move on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by L Perez — Wednesday June 13, 2012 @ 10:11am PDT
          • I STOP WATCHING SO LONG AGO, I DI NOT KNOW THEY GONE, I WATCH CHANNEL 5 NOW. THEY WERE UNIQUE IN A STRANGE WAY. I JUST COULD NOT TAKE ONE TALKING AT THE TOP OF HER VOICE, AND THE OTHER ONE ON THE PHONE AND SINGING ALONG WITH EVERY SONG THAT WAS PLAYED.
            I HOPE THE BEST FOR THEM BOTH.

Comment by PAT — Friday October 12, 2012 @ 10:24am PDT
          • I love Dorthy. She can be annoying at times, but I believe the real problem was Jillian. She is an attention hog. Everything is about her and when she does engage in a real subject, she seems pretentious. I used to get a kick out of her when she was younger and single, but as a married mother, I think she should have evolved more. She isn’t qualified for the job she has, she wasn’t even qualified to be a weather girl. She belongs on TMZ.

Comment by Michelle — Saturday December 15, 2012 @ 3:57pm PST
          • I love Dorthy and Jillian I stop watching because they took them off

Comment by Marilyn Moore — Wednesday March 27, 2013 @ 8:06am PDT
        • so true

Comment by dan — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:40am PDT
        • Dorothy and her “Stevie” chatter is so irritating. She should be talking to the viewers and not pretend to be flustered, cute or spontaneous. Even Steve seems often to be frustrated with her as much as the viewers. Good Riddance. Jillian on the other hand is so rude. She is so busy “tweeting” and refuses to listen to someone’s opinion that is not in perfect alignment with hers. Steve is smart and knowledgeable and deserves better respect. Goodbye and good riddance to the women!”push up old bood and tanning crispy utters.
          sorry girls your Annoying, and get rid of steve while your at it!!

Comment by RICK — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:40am PDT
        • I agree with you – I have been wanting Dorothy fired for a long time! I get so tired of her complaining about “having” to talk about the “sleaze”!! That is what she is being paid big bucks to do and Boo hoo! you have to do your job!

She talks too much about herself – acting all flustered and out of breath?! Out with the old and time for someone new – let’s get someone in there that seems to enjoy her job!

Comment by Lynne — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 12:16pm PDT
        • I used to be a big fan of the show but found it almost unwatchable lately – and that was primarily because of Jillian and her incessant moaning and chatter during interviews. The woman just won’t shut up. I think Steve’s great – very intelligent. I basically liked Dorothy (and thought she was pretty hot for 54) but she was also getting a little too political for me lately.

But Jillian is the one I couldn’t take anymore. They should put Lauren Sivan in there – she’s hilarious on Red Eye.

Comment by Rock — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 12:59pm PDT
          • I agree. I could not stand Dorothy anymore with her left wing brainwashing political views. She was not hired to be a political commentator so who the hell cares what she thinks? She should have shut up a long time ago and just read her stupid gossip. She has become way too political over the years with one left-wing view offering no chance for a Repubican rebuttal. I have complained about her to the station several times for that reason. Jillian has taken a turn for the worst acting like more and more of a sleazebag lately. Not funny. Steve is semi-comatose most mornings. They should really clean house and send them all packing. I used to watch them daily but this past year found them intolerable and switched to channel 5. They are more polite, give you the news and much less politics.

Comment by Sherry — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 5:14pm PDT
          • Yeah! They need some color on good day, julliann should have been the one let go she is two faced and hard to watch they only like certain people anyway I stop watching a long time ago cannot not stand watching jullian…..

Comment by Anonymous — Wednesday September 19, 2012 @ 9:35am PDT
        • I agree with every word RG! Every time Dorothy would talk and then laugh at her own “jokes” there was an awkward moment where I felt like I was not part of some sort of inside joke.

Comment by Sandra — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 1:26pm PDT
          • Get rid of that Larry Elder. Please!!!!!!

Comment by Anonymous — Tuesday September 11, 2012 @ 7:52am PDT
        • Agree…perfectly stated, especially regarding Jillian…very rude and thinks she is the queen and better than everyone else. She certainly has lost her Canadian roots!

Comment by Anonymous — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 1:57pm PDT
          • You sound like a hater!! Most of you woman are just jealous of Jillian. Stop hating.

Comment by Trisha — Tuesday September 11, 2012 @ 8:01am PDT
          • I agree with the comment below by Trish. I think most of the women watching that don’t like these two are jealous!!! Seriously, if you think these two were hired for their speaking ability and not their appearance you are clueless!! Steve was the one who balanced those two out, and personally I find it to be very boring now and don’t want to watch…

Comment by Anonymous — Monday October 1, 2012 @ 9:33am PDT
        • Bravo…..You nailed that comment! Dorothy and that fake laugh drives me nuts and Jillian is just completely rude. I tweeted her one day about what she was wearing and she replied “I don’t really care what you think”.

Comment by Allie — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:31pm PDT
          • I too found myself changing the channel more and more. That Jillian needs to act her age… It’s ok, to dress cute and stylish but she was getting way out of control. She dresses alot of the times like a hooker. I like to show my well endowed cleavage,, but she’s too old to be showing so much. It’s tacky and I’m sure as her kids get older they will be embarrassed by their mother. She is very rude when others are talking. She always interrupts and you can tell by her conversations that she is not very intelligent at all. She is very insecure and she always turned me off when ever she started singing. She can not sing. PERIOD! She has no class at all. And she acts like she’s buddies with famous people. I’ve also noticed that whenever she showed her home on the show, her friends were always white. And whenever negative comments were made re things to do with the black people she always acted so offended and made her own comments to appear to be on the side of the black people. She always seemed so phony regarding that. She is one dump bimbo.. She needs to be gone completely from the show and I’m sure it’s coming. And Dorothy acted like she knew all of the gossip but she was only just reading the rag mags to get the info the same way the rest of us get it.

Comment by Mimi — Saturday July 14, 2012 @ 3:40am PDT
        • STFU

Comment by Maggie M. — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 8:21am PDT
          • I CONCUR

Comment by Julian X — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 9:14am PDT
          • Yah , right on I am with you. Channel 11 just made a mistake! All the haters obviously have problems. You will be missed Dorothy. I love the whole crew they all crack me up and make my day. They have done something right if they lasted this long so I repeat with the above statement…..so definitely …..STFU.

Comment by Jan Menapace — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 10:45am PDT
        • I agree she is Rude and totaly ignorant Steve deserved better than her. Jillian deserves to be on late late late night show MAYBE.

Comment by Sandra — Wednesday May 30, 2012 @ 7:11am PDT
        • you nailed it… you explained both womem perfectly.. the only thing I like abouty Jillian was her high heels ! Steve is great, a true professional, if they want to be a serious news outlet ? they’ll need different personal…

Comment by Guy Loehr — Tuesday June 5, 2012 @ 10:24pm PDT
        • OMG! I though it was just me being my usual uber critical self. but, no you guys saw what i saw. That Dorothy with her sun bleached skin and grinning about things that weren’t even remotely funny. I’m so so glad they got rid of her. She was too full or herself and all the interruptions while a guest was trying to speak was just too much.

Jillian on the other hand is a bona fide air-head and proud of it. Hopefully, she will stop sharing about how much sex she doesn’t have with her husband (who by the way is a hottie) AND LET SOMEONE ELSE TALK! I say good rid dins and be gone. I’m just saying…

Comment by LibraSun — Wednesday June 13, 2012 @ 8:07pm PDT
        • In agreement with everyone else, I stopped watching the show because of Dorothy & Jillian, for all of the reasons mentioned.

Comment by Alison Klee — Thursday June 14, 2012 @ 8:31am PDT
        • Great Job KTLA I stopped watching for about a year or longer Dorothys voice is annoying omg sounds like she is a smoker not sweet to the ears and they both interrupt so much poor Steve but fresh faces would be great I switched to channel 5 for now nobody annoys me. Good luck to them both.

Comment by Anonymous — Friday June 15, 2012 @ 9:03am PDT
          • I was wondering when someone would mention Dorothy Lucey’s over gravelly voice. She drove me crazy, and the stupid grin on her face–I don’t miss her at all. As for Jillian–to me she finally grew up and got her act together, for anyone who has watched the show since it started, she has changed for the better, she could lay off the Twitter and pay more attention to her job. The network should consider how these people “sound” voice wise before they hire them on to TALK. A pleasant voice is a definite PLUS!!!

Comment by Marilyn James — Thursday November 1, 2012 @ 8:18am PDT
        • Agree, however will miss Dorothy. Jillian talk too much, too rude with the name dropping. She needs to go too.

Comment by Anonymous — Tuesday July 10, 2012 @ 8:46am PDT
        • DITTO,DITTO, and DITTO

Comment by Anonymous — Thursday July 12, 2012 @ 9:20am PDT
        • ABSOLUTELY! You hit the…, well, nail on the head. I stopped watching GDLA almost 3 years ago for the reasons you point out. I switched over to the 4:30 am news with Tony and Jean but I quick that too about 8 months ago because of Jean’s constant, unrelenting interruptions. Poor Lauren Simonette over at the NY business (stock exchange) desk often cannot get a word in edgewise. Embarrassing to say the least. I noticed they changed the format to let only Tony talk with Lauren, and Jean only sometimes. But “sometimes” is too much for me. Oh, and I concur: GOOD RIDANCE!

Comment by Arthur Comstock — Friday August 10, 2012 @ 9:26am PDT
        • I agree! Jillian intrrupts everyone that comes on the show. That’s no way to treat a guest. And Dorothy talks way too much about her skirt being too short or am I showing too much boobage. She’s just so self centered.

Comment by JDintheOC — Wednesday September 5, 2012 @ 7:22am PDT
        • In the beginning. Steve was fairly ok to Dorothy—then Steve began tossing
          all his interest over to Jillian—and looking pretty foolish.
          Then, seems Steve and Jilian began picking on Dorothy so much I almost
          came over to the studio and let them have it.
          Jillian appeared to be jeolous of Dorothy in the beginning and was so sickening with her continued insults to her.
          Jilliun also had all these personalities. Whomever she was last around (other stars she admired) she would take on their total personality. It was interesting and that was the reason I watched —-I loved to see what personaligy would be next. She seemed to be such and inferior person and tried to cover it up but to a rare few—–it came out very clear to viewers and to
          Steve on the show even commented a few times.Jillian a very complicated person.
          She continues to need some form of counseling.She had a crazy upbringing and I am sure it left a special side to her. I do wish all of them happiness and Jillan really needs to work on what causes her to be not nice to anyone she is jeolous of and also get rid of all the duel personality. She has done well but that nasty side and the way she was criticle to Dorothy and also regarding Dorothys faith in God. She made fun of Dorothy about that many times and I know that is going to come back and bite her in her skinny little butt. Amen

Comment by Belva Watkins — Thursday September 6, 2012 @ 11:44pm PDT
        • THANK THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by darlene — Monday October 8, 2012 @ 9:42am PDT
        • Ditto…..all the way. I couldn’t stand watching Jillian. Toward the end, it seemed as though she was trying to clean up her act probably because she had been warned. So glad she is gone.

Comment by Gale Kadota — Thursday October 11, 2012 @ 8:49am PDT
        • Absolutely right. Full of themselves. Glad to see that “Stevie” is much more comfortable. Yeak….. Those 2 women, not ladies…………need to go away and maybe stay home and do some sculptures of themeselves so that they can look at themeselves every second of the God Blessing Day.

Comment by Lupe Murphy — Thursday October 18, 2012 @ 10:13am PDT
        • Really? I think Lucy & Reynolds were great. I haven’t watched the show since Lucy was let go. Any station that treats people the way they did the girls, does not deserve my support in the morning. I’m watching Good Morning America now. Good luck Steve, we love you man, but the fun of the show before was the sparing back and forth. Thanks or the many years of entertainment. Sincerely, Lynne & Mike.

Comment by Lynne R. — Saturday November 3, 2012 @ 9:04am PDT
          • well said-I’ve switched back to GMA too!

Comment by J LOPES — Wednesday November 7, 2012 @ 10:09pm PST
        • Hooray, hooray, hooray. This show had gotten so self indulgent it made me physically sick. I had stopped viewing for some time and decided just two days ago to check and see if the station still had these two women in their employment. Somebody woke up and smelled the coffee…thank goodness…..
          Linda C.

Comment by Anonymous — Wednesday November 14, 2012 @ 3:12pm PST
          • What a great word to discribe the show, self indulgent.

Comment by julisa10@msn.com — Saturday December 15, 2012 @ 4:07pm PST
      • We stoped watching thid show, because of these women. I agree with the story above. Good Luck Steve. Wheres is Christine? You 2 were the best together.

Comment by Sandi — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 1:44pm PDT
      • I agree 100% . I find Jillian to be the MOST annoying individual on current news TV. Dorothy has no spark and always looks like she did not get enough sleep.

Comment by Anonymous — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 12:43pm PDT
      • I agree . It was difficult to hear a guest speaking with those two constantly interrupting!!!!

Comment by Anonymous — Saturday May 26, 2012 @ 11:08pm PDT
      • I’m with you there man it got BORING after a few years

Comment by Charles Volcher — Monday July 2, 2012 @ 4:38pm PDT
      • I have watched the show since before Steve. I stopped watching about 6 months ago, because there is way too much Jillian. The show should be renamed to all about Jillian. So tired of Jill and all of her warped opinions. I tape the early ch 11 news with Tony and jean. Then no more commercials or annoying Jillian.

Comment by Luxie — Thursday July 26, 2012 @ 3:19am PDT
      • Well said! I stopped watching because of those two!

Comment by Anonymous — Thursday October 4, 2012 @ 9:57am PDT
      • Totally agree…..they would do much better on one of the other stations. They didn’t fit in with Steve, who clearly keeps his political preferences private. I like how he keeps neutral and fair in his commenting. A true professional.

Comment by Gale Kadota — Thursday October 11, 2012 @ 8:46am PDT
      • The show will “nolonger be the same, just because “Steve , Maria Quiban RickDickert ,and the narrow llil blond girl( excuse Gee, my thought’s are ‘racked for the Handicapped the show). The ‘show will never be the same. It is like taking a nice frame of a model body ,” and kutting off the arm’s adding fake limb’s to the “masterpiec! In all actuality, “the World knows(“and the viewers, of the show)and see “Good Day L.A. ” Walking down the street, strutting her new look, would see now, she (the show) “”SHE IS A BIG WALKING HANDICAP!

Comment by Gerome — Tuesday November 13, 2012 @ 9:11am PST
        • All of you people don’t know what you are talking about

Comment by Anonymous — Tuesday April 2, 2013 @ 9:12am PDT
      • i think it was a brilliant move – they were boring and the show needed a big shot of adrenaline. then new entertainment girl is adorable… Jillian thought she was such a star it was getting disgusting…

Comment by anthony foux — Thursday January 10, 2013 @ 10:16pm PST
      • Dorthy and Jillan was great I stop watching the show and many friends because they took the ladies off. The show is not fun or interesting any more, I know their rating went down.

Comment by Marilyn Moore — Wednesday March 27, 2013 @ 8:04am PDT
    • That does’t explain how Steve Edwards is still there.

Comment by Paulo — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:47am PDT
      • My point exactly. I love Steve but he is old as dirt and nobody bulks at his age or salary demands. The show works because of the 3 of them. They have great chemistry; I love Dorothy and Jill. When they tried to replace them before the show TANKED!!!! If you think it’s real news you are a fool. We watch it because they are entertaining and who don’t mind being silly to start your morning off right!!! I agree the field reporters are not good and the ratings started tanking when they took away jobs by firing cameramen for automated cameras the have a mind of their own. I wish Dorothy the best of luck. You will miss here when she is gone. I hope they get wise and don’t let Jill leave. If she does go, I think I will have to listen to the radio in the morning.

Comment by Gemma — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 1:16pm PDT
        • I totally agree!!!

Comment by Gina — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:55am PDT
        • I agree with you. I can see or hear NEWS any time. I love that I can share this style news with my 10 yr old. We hear the news & get entertained at the same time. If both girls leave, so will I!!

Comment by Marci Garcia — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:44am PDT
          • I so agree with you! if you want news there’s always other stations to watch! me and my kids get up and start getting dress and we always start our day laughing at something they are doing! and what better way to start a day than with laughter!

Comment by Elizabeth — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 2:25pm PDT
        • Sorry for Dorthy anytime someone looses their job its not a good thing. I agree Good Day La is entertaining love to start my day watching show if they let Jillian go I will also leave wont be the same.

Comment by Yolanda Wright — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 11:03am PDT
        • I agree. I am a fan because of Jill. She’s an animal activist and I started watching because of the chemistry on the show.

Comment by mmedina — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 10:16am PDT
        • They gave the show personality. Do we really need to hear all the negative every day? I will not watch this show without them

Comment by Sher — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 10:26am PDT
          • I agree….you can turn to most other channels to watch depressing negativity. At least they reported news AND made me laugh. Too bad they can’t stay and just bring in some new and amazing changes!
            Good luck and God Bless…I will miss the show.

Comment by S. Kay — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 7:54pm PDT
        • I agree with Gemma! “Who don’t mind being silly in the morning?” I can watch serious news on any other channel, but would rather not. I love these 3 together, and they are the only one’s I will watch. It’s a way to hear what’s going on in the world, but without going off to work too depressed.

Comment by Lillian — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 12:59pm PDT
          • I will Miss watching the show! My husband and i turn it on to get ready for work every morning. I don’t want to watch with out the 3 they were funny and fun. Its mistake I hope they fix quick! If you want serious sad news watch any other channel. they were great and will be missed!!!!!!

Comment by Marsha Archer-Robinson — Wednesday June 6, 2012 @ 7:24am PDT
        • It is time for Dorothy and Jillian to go. I need real news in the morning. I agree that Jillian and Dorothy talks too much when a guest is on the show. I called the station years ago to complain about a story Jillian was covering. She refused to talk about the story because she thought it was cruelty to animals. I wanted to know what it was about.

Comment by B.J. — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 1:26pm PDT
      • It explains exactly why Steve Edwards is still there. He’s the only anchor that reports the actual news, while the others report on what they ate the night before, or what they are wearing.
        Steve is the LA version of Regis, a good straight-forward anchor that deserves to be there. The ratings haven’t dropped because of Steve.

Comment by Ron — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 6:15pm PDT
        • Steve is so NOT like Regis, at all!

Comment by E. Love — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:18am PDT
          • I LOVE Steve.

Comment by E. Love — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:19am PDT
        • Steve is a very knowledgeable, solid and classy guy, and I will still watch him.

Comment by Moonbeam — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 11:30am PDT
          • I agree.

Comment by Janice — Wednesday July 11, 2012 @ 11:27am PDT
        • Steve is the best.

Comment by Sandi — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 1:51pm PDT
      • Ha!!

Comment by Namers — Tuesday May 22, 2012 @ 12:14pm PDT
    • I think they should keep Lucey. She still has a great shape and she doesn’t seem to be desperately trying to look younger. A new weather babe would be great.

Comment by Jaybee — Tuesday May 22, 2012 @ 10:23am PDT
      • I agree, Jillian’s voice and laugh makes me want to turn the channel. She turns every topic into all about her. Do you think that there is anyone left on earth that doesn;t know she is from Canada?

Comment by Chris — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:01am PDT
        • IT is about her!! She on T.V making that money and you guys or girls or hating at home BROKE!!!!!

Comment by lala — Tuesday October 2, 2012 @ 7:50pm PDT
    • I’m going to miss Dorthy Lucy. I look forward to her every morning. I wish her good luck in her future. She is my favorate of the three.

Comment by Richard Rivera — Wednesday May 23, 2012 @ 4:38pm PDT
      • I agree, I am watch for entertainment, I read the paper for news. I’ve enjoyed them all, but Jullian always got on my nerve, always rude, interrupting, and annoying. They are making a mistake by kicking the wrong person out!

Comment by Margie — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 1:04pm PDT
      • I totally agree with you, Dorothy was my favorite and she was the main reason I watched your show! I sincerely hope they wise up and bring her Back!!! I wish her all the best in her future. God bless you Dorothy. I hope I will see you soon on a new show, ( you totally deserve it). Take care and have a wonderful life!!!!

Comment by Kevin D Yeaton — Thursday May 31, 2012 @ 10:04am PDT
    • FINALLY!!! I am happy about Dorothy leaving. Now I can watch the show again.

Comment by Carol L Beck — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:27am PDT
      • SHAME ON YOU!!! You must be a miserable person to talk about Dorothy like that.

Comment by S. Kay — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 8:10pm PDT
        • will not watch it anymore going to channel 5

Comment by ken — Thursday June 14, 2012 @ 12:20pm PDT
          • me too

Comment by Anonymous — Tuesday November 27, 2012 @ 7:52am PST
    • how dare you guys fire dorthy lucy she makes that show fox sucks im not watching anymore with out lucy

Comment by Monique — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:29am PDT
    • I think Dorothy is a beautiful person inside and out we have laughed and cried with her younger and prettier doesnt replace her

Comment by shellie howard — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:31am PDT
    • Greed and dumb co-anchors. It’s a huge mistake with luceys departure and soon Reynolds I’m sure. I’ve watched the show since the mid 90s and enjoy the delivery for news from Edwards, lucey, Reynolds and occasional covering Tony. I’m always annoyed by the covering reporters like Sanchez who only cares about close ups and loves the camera/spotlight. Trust me I’ve seen her at a couple restaurants. Your not an actor nor a reporter. Why are these type of annoying people keeping their jobs and the good ones not? Oh well time for more xm/Sirius news instead.

Comment by Josh Malibu — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:42am PDT
    • Dorothy is the whole reason we watch Good Day LA. Hello KTLA…No more Channel 11!

Comment by Peachy Crab — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:55am PDT
      • Good bye Dorthy! You are awesome and sweet! BIG MISTAKE…NO MORE KTLA NEWS FOR ME!

Comment by Margie — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 1:07pm PDT
        • Yes the only reason I watched this station was because of the three of the did a great job together.

Comment by Lou — Saturday May 26, 2012 @ 8:06am PDT
        • goodbye i’m not watching kttv anymore with or without the chicks

Comment by Anonymous — Friday August 10, 2012 @ 11:14pm PDT
          • im with you the girls made the show and the news great in their own way. i tried watching good day LA this week,ICANT DO IT.GOOD BYE GDLA. i miss you jill and Dorthy

Comment by DENISE — Thursday November 8, 2012 @ 1:20pm PST
    • We’re going to miss Dorothy. I think she’s wonderful and I loved the team of Steve and Jillian and Dorothy. They really have a great rapport on air and I enjoyed them so much. Thank you, Dorothy! Their loss!

Comment by Julie Guilmette — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:02am PDT
      • You have also lost a faithful watcher. I have TRIED to watch and get used to just Steve and Jillian. Since Maria started with the weather report, I’ve given up! Her voice is so irrating, I have had enough!!!!!! Bring the 3 together again and I will be back. For now Ch.5 here I come——–

Comment by Marian Reagan — Friday September 21, 2012 @ 9:27am PDT
    • I love Good Day LA and the only reason I watch it is because of Jillian, Dorthy and Steve Edwards. They are good together and I love that Jillian reps for the Valley. I will not watch the morning if they leave. They are making a mistake by letting them go.

Comment by Anonymous — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:26am PDT
    • I am happy about the change as I really just want to hear the news and not all the babble that goes along with the two females. Jillian is way too opiniated, which I thought was against the “Journalist rule” and Dorothy and Jillian are both rude as they talk over Steve who is just trying to do his job. Maybe now I can hear the news. Everytime they both were on vacation, their replacements were so much better. Good job….Good Day LA!!

Comment by Carole R — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 9:34am PDT
      • I can’t believe all the complaints about the show. If you don’t like it or want only news why don’t you change the station. The reason I watch is because of the 3 hosts and the fact that they don’t always agree. I usually end up changing the channel when they have a replacement for one of the three. I watched every morning from 7-8 before going to work. Dorothy will be missed.

Comment by Goodday — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 9:41am PDT
        • I agree, I never watched the news before, so depressing….. Started watching when Dorothy & Jillian joined Good Day L.A. At least they are honest….. Who wants to listen to Anchors that sound like robots!!!! Good Luck on the new chapter in your lives. I would change the channel if another co-anchor was in THEIR chairs! You will be greatly missed :( I will no longer watch that morning news……

Comment by GiGi — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 4:55pm PDT
    • This is good news. The show was getting a little too zaney for a news show. Jillian was annoying, but I can’t pipoint what I did not like about her. Dorothy, on the other hand seemed like she had a lot to say but was fighting for enough time ot say it. Good luck to Dorothy, I am sure she will do well where ever she goes…

Comment by Bob L — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 12:16pm PDT
    • I have been watching Steve, Jillian and Dorothy since the show started, and love it! What a shame now is Dorothy going to do something else ?

I am in shock!

Comment by Teresa Langlais — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 9:48am PDT
    • I have watched Fox 11 news every morning while I am gettng ready for work….Guess What? I will no longer be watching it. Sorry for you and I believe you will lose a lot more than just me.

Love the three together……………Bye Dorothy you will really be missed!!!!! I am going to miss the three,they made me LOL!

Good Bye Fox News.

Comment by Sue — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 12:26pm PDT
    • thats fucked you will get old too!

Comment by Anonymous — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 4:40pm PDT
    • OMG I miss Dorothy Lucey not looking at her face is hard for me I Love her and Jillian shame on ALL these disrespectful comments…..

Comment by Keisha — Friday June 1, 2012 @ 7:31am PDT
    • I am very disappointed at the laying off of Dorothy Lucy. I got so tired of watching all of those other boring news shows. Steve, Dorothy and Jillian start my morning everyday. I enjoy the banter and their different personalities. Good Day LA is about entertaining us and they do it so naturally. If I wanted to watch a station that was all about the news I would be watching something else. The show won’t be the same without Dorothy. I have been considering not watching it anymore, and if they get rid of Jillian, I will not watch it.

Comment by deb — Monday June 11, 2012 @ 10:01am PDT
    • No Jillian, no Dorothy; no Good Day LA! I won’t be wasting the electricity it takes to watch this new group of misfits!

Comment by Anonymous — Thursday June 14, 2012 @ 8:37am PDT
    • All this week I have been watching. Fantastic, I have left 4 and 2 and now have 11 in my morning watch………BUT……I turn on the show today and see Jillian….are you crazy….cut the cord on this
      crazy Jillian and keep her sophisticated replacement…she is fantastic and the two new co-hosts are a refreshing change.

Comment by Kevin — Wednesday July 18, 2012 @ 8:36am PDT
    • Thank you I didn’t see their purpose…..

Comment by Tony Joseph — Thursday August 2, 2012 @ 7:37am PDT
    • IM SOO UPSET BY THIS IV BEEN WATCHIN GOOD DAY L.A SINCE I WAS A KID. I THNK THIS IS SOO UNFAIR.THAT AGE PLAYED A PART IN PEOPLE LOSING THERE JOBS
      BOYCOTT GOOD DAY L.A WE LUV HAVING JILLIAN AN DORTHY ON.IM ON KTLA UNTIL SOMTHING CHANGES…
      BRING THEM BAK….I HOPE ALL UR RATINGS GO WAY DOWN

Comment by Tamara — Wednesday October 3, 2012 @ 9:15am PDT
    • I THINK CHANGE IS GOOD SOMETIMES, NOT LIKEING THE NEW GIRKS TALK ABOUT FAKE STEVES NEW CO HOST IS AWFUL AND MARIA’S SQUEAKY VOICES IS HURTING MY EARS AROUND THE WEATHER REPORT AND FAKE, SHE TOPS THE LIST. AND NOW WHAT HAPPENED TO TONYS CO PERSON FOR MORNING NEWS, GUESS I’LL HAVE TO FIND ANOTHER MORNING SHOW TO WATCH.

Comment by WANDA — Thursday October 11, 2012 @ 7:33am PDT
    • they failed miserably!

Comment by Anonymous — Friday October 12, 2012 @ 1:01pm PDT
    • I AM VERY DISSAPOINTED THAT THEY HAVE LET DOROTHY LUCEY GO AND SHORTENED JILLIAN’S TIME I HAVE BEEN WATCHING THEM FOR YRS. AND I LOVED THE 3 OF THEM .THEY WERE JUST AWESOME. BUT I HAVE LOST INTEREST IN THE SHOW NOW.SO WON’T BE WATCHING ANYMORE. I SAY PUT THEM BACK ON .

Comment by JUDY TAYLOR — Thursday October 18, 2012 @ 7:40am PDT
    • What is wrong with that??? I rather wat a “pretty and smart woman than 2 bozos.

Comment by MURPH — Thursday October 18, 2012 @ 10:32am PDT
    • I MISS DOROTHY AND JULLIAN, NOW I HAVE BEEN WATCHING CHANNEL 7 MORNING NEWS ALL OF THEM BORING JULLIAN GREW ON ME AND I ALWAYS LOOKED FORWARD TO SEEING HER AND DOROTHY…. I WILL MISS THEM BOTH…

Comment by Annamay — Tuesday November 6, 2012 @ 8:35am PST
    • I will never watch this show again. They will see what a mistake they made.

Comment by Traci — Friday December 14, 2012 @ 9:19am PST
    • I am sooo glad those two women are gone!! Lucey only talked about how great her son was and her very expensive home on the beach. Jill is also a very bad TV personality. She also wnet on and on about her x baseball playing x husband and all her very OLD credits. She has no charm nor dignity. Now her late night ads for weight loss are perfect for her. I L O V E to watch Channel 11 Fox each day without those two witless females. Shep Smith is my fave on Cable Fox News. Thank you Fox news for a refreshing local morning show.

Comment by Elena Baker — Thursday January 10, 2013 @ 9:25pm PST
    • Try Cheaper! Good Day LA lost its edge and is so lame without DOROTHY & JULLIAN. Its so obvious Steve is just waiting for his contract to expire to get the hell out of there.

Comment by Barry — Monday January 21, 2013 @ 11:24am PST
    • I used to watch that show but could not stand those two women always talking and so disrespectful to Steve…I wanted to slap them both…Dorothy’s voice irritated me…Jillian showing her real “Boobs” and had to always say that and show them off..Glad they are gone…I like to watch the show again…much quieter..lol!Way to go management

Comment by Lynda — Monday February 18, 2013 @ 10:26am PST
    • THANK GOD ITS ALL OVER THEY ALL STARTED TO BECOME ANNOYING

Comment by RICK — Monday November 25, 2013 @ 5:50pm PST
  • WooHoo and Hurray! Our prayers are finally answered Hopefully they will find a replacement for Lucey that doesn’t sound like Yosemite Sam and will report a story rather than lose herself in her own OCD religeous spewing ways that Lucey does.
    Jillian can be replaced by any out of work monkey out there. Now we no longer have to be subject to her fakiness and unbelievable ignorant social commentaries and inept political views she thinks she is so well versed on but can’t hold an argument.
    Winner Winner Winner Steve Edwards!! He is a human almenac and such a pleasure he watch each morning.
    NICE JOB GOOD DAY LA!!!

Comment by kes — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:22am PDT
    • Suggestion for Jillian at your next gig: When someone mentions a famous person you’ve never heard of, DON’T tell the audience, “I have no idea who that is.” Ignorance is bad enough; trumpeting it on TV is even worse.

Comment by cadavra — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 11:13am PDT
      • Same is true for Lauren Sanchez…she never knows who anyone is and always blames it on her being so young(!) I think she’s like 43 now, so the whole “young” excuse doesn’t work. And it shouldn’t be an excuse anyway…people existed and things happened before you were born – don’t be so ignorant about the world.

Comment by Mr. T. — Tuesday May 22, 2012 @ 12:54pm PDT
      • Jillian: The next time someone as inspiring and gentlemanly as Jim Abbot appears on the show, zip your lip and let the man speak. Trust me, nobody cared that your “ex” who played baseball, but they did want to hear what Abbot had to say, which you made virtually impossible with your jabbery me-me-me interruptions. Look up the definition of STFU in an Internet dictionary and you’ll find a photo of Jillian.

Comment by California Granny — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 8:39am PDT
        • And her idiocy was no better displayed just this morning when she was inexplicably interviewing Steve Garvey (w/ Steve) and just asked silly questions (that she had to refer from her cheat sheet as she was asking them)! It’s Steve Garvey, your co-worker has just been fired and you will be soom – and you can’t even hold a casual conversation with a local baseball star? “Uh, what do you think about drugs and steroids Steve?” What kind of krap is that?

And she still moaned and made noises during his answers. Pathetic.

Comment by Rock — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 1:08pm PDT
        • I so totally agree with the both of you.. I wanted to hear both of these mens stories. How many times does she have to go on about how she was married to a baseball player? WE KNOW!! Just like we know her hubby now is a sniper. She needs to learn to ask a question and then shut-UP..Before you know it~ time is up and I have no idea why the 2 of them were even on the show. Sometimes you can see in the guests eyes they are ready to blow. I found Abbot to be a great inspiration. WOW… (through her interruptions)

Comment by Stacy — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 7:12pm PDT
        • I waited to watch a segment on flower arranging where the teaser said they were gonna teach how to make flower arrangements. Of course Jillian constantly interrupted and hijacked the segment and it ended up being how she arranges flowers. She made a horrendous arrangement while the professional just gave up and watched,she couldnt get one word in. I was so disappointed & didnt learn one thing.

Comment by anonymous — Monday June 4, 2012 @ 9:32am PDT
          • Exactly! I have been watching GDLA for years and was so over Jillian interrupting. The flower arranging segment was the last straw for me. Jillian interrupts every single guest on the show and all her “stuff” piled up at the end of the desk just looks stupid. Just let the pros (guests) do what they do Jillian and please treat them like a good hostess would treat a guest! I usually just end up aggravated or changing the channel. However, when Steve jumps in it’s always with some interesting or valuable commentary.

Comment by Liz — Monday June 11, 2012 @ 4:21pm PDT
  • Thank GOD!!! Her voice was sooo annoying, I had to stop watching. Maybe they’ll get someone that doesn’t have smokers voice. PS – she looked like a raisin on steroids. Awful

Comment by The truth — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:23am PDT
    • Totally agree. The smokers/drinkers voice was almost as annoying as the constant “hungover” look nearly EVERY morning. This lady drinks too much booze, in fact, she appears still drunk from the night before 60% of the time. It has been so painfully obvious, and difficult and uncomfortable to watch day in and day out.Now we can focus on the news. I do wish them both well, regardless.

Comment by Kim — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 8:13am PDT
  • The vamp n snark is always better on KTLA…

Comment by -------> AskBurgers — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:23am PDT
  • They are going to find some younger prettier women to drive Steve Edwards crazy.
    I’m in.

Comment by Katniss — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:26am PDT
  • Wow. They had the same anchors. I haven’t watched that show in a decade. That’s pretty impressive since the women were pushing 40 even back then. Can’t imagine paying top dollar for 50 year old women. As long as Edwards is around they can bring in a new batch of female anchors with less mileage.
    One of the last times I tuned I was shocked to find that Lucey took a bath with her son when he was almost 5 years old.

Comment by JD2 — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:34am PDT
    • “Can’t imagine paying top dollar for 50 year old women.” Moron…

Comment by Renee B — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 2:27pm PDT
  • There are two words for this AGEISM and SEXISM.
    Steve Edwards gets to stay?
    Like he’s the brains of this operation?
    Why don’t people get more pissed blatant discrimination like this?

Comment by Sally — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:38am PDT
    • Yes, its clearly an issue of ageism and sexism for Jillian and Lucey. Ironically, though, it creates more opportunities for possibly two other women to create a career. The question then remains, why aren’t the men more angry, Steve is staying on, which means some other man out there doesn’t get the chance at his slot.

When the rules are different for the sexes, its mean this:
      loss of opportunities come out of the instability for some (the women)
      loss of opportunity for advancement for some (other men) others.

Comment by Maren Sullivan — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 4:53pm PDT
      • Yes they are old and female! But go back a re read the above posts!

Comment by Don — Friday May 25, 2012 @ 9:05am PDT
  • Dorothy Lucey is the most annoying person in television news. She can’t speak without waving her hands around in front of her face like she’s directing an airplane into the gate. Maybe she’ll get a job at the airport.

Comment by Not a Fan — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:39am PDT
    • I quit watching soooo long ago because of Lucey and her ‘waving’ hands! I got tired of trying to hear a complete story with all the non-stop interruptions by her and Jillian. Ageism or Sexism…..I don’t care, these two people are the most self absorbed, noisy women on TV and should have been replaced years ago!!! Edwards is probably looking forward to completing a sentence!!

Comment by Over these noise makers — Tuesday May 22, 2012 @ 10:15pm PDT
    • Jillian needs to be the one to go, not Dorothy!
      R

Comment by Anonymous — Wednesday May 23, 2012 @ 12:41pm PDT
  • Most people only watch this show for Steve anyway.

Comment by INterested Observer — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:40am PDT
    • Yes so true. Steve is awesome!!

Comment by Anonymous — Thursday May 24, 2012 @ 11:27am PDT
    • Yes get rid of those two lame brain name fdropping idiots . Jill & Dorothy!

Comment by Anonymous — Sunday May 27, 2012 @ 4:57am PDT
  • Yup, going in for younger and prettier female anchor, while that fossil Steve Edwards, is locked into a long-term contract.

It’s seems that if one of the goals was to rein in salary cost, start with the one who’s making the biggest cheese on the show – Steve Edwards.

Comment by GM — Monday May 21, 2012 @ 9:44am PDT