‘RuPaul’s Drag Race’ Renewed For Season 5

Logo has renewed its flagship series, RuPaul’s Drag Race, for a fifth season. Auditions are already under way for a premiere in early 2013. The current season of the reality series posted the most watched series premiere in Logo’s history with nearly one million viewers. “I live for drag and to witness the excitement surrounding the success of our show, takes my breath away!,” RuPaul said. RuPaul’s Drag Race is produced by World of Wonder Prods., with Fenton Bailey, Randy Barbato, Tom Campbell and RuPaul Charles executive producing.

• So I guess this is separate from the previously announced “all-stars” season? I guess All-Stars will air this fall/late summer, when “RuPaul’s Drag U” would normally air?

Comment by Travis Speak — Thursday April 12, 2012 @ 12:03pm PDT
    • Yes, the Allstars show is an extra. I am excited!!

Comment by Mrs.P — Sunday September 2, 2012 @ 3:22pm PDT
  • How “RPDR” doesn’t earn Emmy nods for makeup and hairstyling (for RuPaul and the other judges) is a real puzzler. She deserves a reality-host nomination, too.

Comment by Turtle — Thursday April 12, 2012 @ 2:06pm PDT
  • I like Latrice Roale & I want to see her back , send Sharon home & bring Latrice back , Ru , I watch your show all the time please bring Latrice back she made your show funny in my opinion.

Comment by Muriel — Monday April 16, 2012 @ 6:09pm PDT
    • In my opinion, Latrice is a great drag queen, and I do love her but I am glad that my girl Sharon Needles won because she deserves it. Sharon brings something new in the drag world that you don’t see most drag queens do and that is what I love about Sharon, she was a perfect queen to win.

Comment by branden fletcher — Saturday May 26, 2012 @ 12:48am PDT
  • Good Morning,

I just love the show. I never miss an epsiode. I am going for Chad Michael, (she is goregous)I wanted latrice but she was elminated. Phi Phi needs to grow up before she becomes a queen. Sharon is a sincere person but her style is not what any real women would like to look (except in Halloween). I would like to know what exactly did willem do get booted out. She was cute too, a little full of herself. I never did see any of her movies :( I love you Ru, I would love to look like you, your flawless. God bless..

Comment by Carmen — Tuesday April 17, 2012 @ 9:18am PDT
    • its not just about being a lady, its about how diverse you can be,
      i would watch what sharon can do every time over a cher impersonator. seen it once and thats it,

Comment by aaron — Wednesday April 18, 2012 @ 9:36am PDT
  • I agree, Latrice was magic !
    Miss her already !

Comment by Kelli — Tuesday April 17, 2012 @ 12:36pm PDT
  • Love Love Love the show. I am so glad to see Chad Michaels and her look. I really really love all of you. Latrice- you go girl, you made me cry when you left the show… I love your show Ru. God Bless you all bitches I wish you all could win. Cum to Charlotte, NC!!!!! We would love you see all of you!!!! This is the Best season by far. I’m a married 26 year old female and I just think this world is so distasteful and sad and judgemental to the extreme. I have always loved drag but honestly I hope this show has opened up some peoples eyes to accecpt the way you bitches are…. Beautiful.
    Love, Cassandra

Comment by Cassandra — Thursday April 19, 2012 @ 4:44pm PDT
  • I do not know oh man i love chad but sharon is just very sweet. This will be one hard choice.

Comment by Anonymous — Friday April 20, 2012 @ 5:13pm PDT
  • Sharon Needles has injected me with her dragnificance! I love you Sharon! you are my queen!

Comment by JoZie — Monday April 23, 2012 @ 11:15am PDT
  • latrice royale is the only contestant in all 4 season,that thanks rupaul on national tv even winners of past season dont have the nerve to speak out the way she was feeling when they send it home,she is the winer of so many hearts,and she deserve the miss congeniallity award.

Comment by raymond rodriguez — Thursday April 26, 2012 @ 6:46pm PDT
  • hola amo rupaul’s drag race miss reinas favoritas son rebecca glasscock
    shannell