Will Ferrell To Return For ‘Anchorman 2′

Will Ferrell Anchorman SequelEXCLUSIVE… UPDATE: I’ve learned the sequel finally came together today. The comedy Anchorman 2 will be produced under mogul Judd Apatow’s banner with Will Ferrell’s and Adam MKay’s Gary Sanchez Productions. McKay will direct as well as write the script with Will Ferrell who will star again as Ron Burgundy along with the 2004 original’s castmembers Steve Carell and Paul Rudd and David Koechner. Anchorman: The Legend Of Ron Burgundy had been a DreamWorks production but Paramount took over the project after DreamWorks 2.0 departed the studio. In the first movie, Burgundy was the top-rated anchorman in San Diego in the 1970s in the PG13 pic. McKay and Ferrell are still “kicking around ideas” for the sequel, an insider tells me. “We didnt expect a week ago that this thing was going to get greenlit. It’s been alive and dead so many times.” Gee, I used to own the complete set of Anchorman booblehead dolls and finally gave them away because I didn’t think they’d ever be worth anything. Dumb, dumb, dumb!

UPDATE: OOPS! I think that ace Action4 anchorman Ron Burgundy himself scooped me (in between picking his teeth). Here’s a clip of him making the announcement on Conan O’Brien’s talk show to be aired later tonight:

• Ladies and gentlemen, can I please have your attention. I’ve just been handed an urgent and horrifying news story. I need all of you, to stop what you’re doing and listen.

CANNONBALL!

i cant wait.

Comment by RB — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 5:52pm PDT
    • I DONT KNOW WHAT YOU´RE GETTING EXCITED ABOUT!! LOOOOUD NOISES!!!!

Comment by Como esta, bitches? — Thursday March 29, 2012 @ 12:27am PDT
  • GREAT ODIN’S BEARD! Such amazing news! The back-end on this deal must be gigantic! Sixty percent of the time, sequels make sixty percent of the original’s gross.

That, doesn’t make any sense…

Comment by Joseph C. — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 5:58pm PDT
    • Great odens RAVEN! ZEUS’ Beard. Sheesh.

Comment by Josh — Friday March 30, 2012 @ 7:07am PDT
  • Real bits of Panther…

Comment by Keep it Classy — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 5:58pm PDT
  • I sure hope this works. The first one will be a tough act to follow. I laughed so hard in the theater I practically split my girlfriend’s eardrum.

Comment by captain media — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 6:00pm PDT
  • This is actually a sequel people want. If done right it could be a franchise like Austin Powers. New decade and new girl every movie.

Comment by Dustin — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 6:04pm PDT
    • please dont compare to austin powers…

Comment by Rick James — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 6:20pm PDT
    • GREAT analogy. Whether or not you like either character, both had first films that did ok but not great business at the box office, but THRIVED on home video. This is GREAT news!

Comment by bigbowood — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 6:39pm PDT
  • Great Oden’s Raven!! Just saw the announcement on Conan website

Comment by Chris Monsanto — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 6:05pm PDT
  • I enjoyed the first one and this is the only Will Ferrell film that I always felt needed a sequel. I guess Paramount finally settled on a budget cause this has been in limbo for years

Comment by Farzan — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 6:05pm PDT
  • NEWS Team, ASSEMBLE!!

Comment by chris danger show — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 6:07pm PDT
  • This is going to be a huge hit… no doubt about it. The first Anchorman is one of the most revered American comedies in recent history. Box office gold!

Comment by Genius — Wednesday March 28, 2012 @ 6:07pm PDT
  • “It’s a strong scent. It stings the nostrils, in a good way.”

Hahaha! Hilarious!